Pepperdine University, Los Angeles
For the 3rd year, EdTechTeacher returns to Los Angeles for a week of hands-on workshops with educators from around the country. Come join Douglas Kiang, Apple Distinguished Educator and Google Certified Trainer from The Punahou School in Hawaii, at Westside Conference Center during the first week of August for "The iPad Classroom" or “Creating Innovators with Design Thinking and Makerspaces.”
Please note: This is not a function of Pepperdine University.
Location of Los Angeles Summer Workshops:
- Westside Conference Center - Pepperdine,6100 Center Drive, Los Angeles, California 90045
Dates & Workshops:
- August 1-3: The iPad Classroom with Douglas Kiang
- August 4-5: Creating Innovators with Design Thinking and Makerspaces with Douglas Kiang
- 8:30 am - 12:00 pm: Workshop
- 12:00 pm - 1:00pm: Lunch on your own
- 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm: Workshop
There are numerous hotels located within minutes of Pepperdine University:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles: Westside 6161 West Centinela Avenue Culver City, CA 90230
- Phone: 310-348-4522
- Fax: 310-649-6566
- Web site: losangeleswestside.doubletreebyhilton.com
- As an alternative, check out AirBnB to rent a room or an entire apartment for reasonable prices: https://www.airbnb.com/s/6100-Center-Drive--Los-Angeles--California-90045?ss_id=2cwc3qlo&s_tag=KtsFnEmY
- If paying by Credit Card, our Eventbrite registration system uses PayPal as a payment gateway for Credit Card purchases. You DO NOT need a PayPal account in order to pay by credit card.
- International Travelers: If you will be using PayPal, you should first contact your individual credit card company and let them know that you will be making an international purchase. Otherwise, PayPal may reject your purchase as possible fraud.
To Pay by Check or PO:
- Please have your Check or PO number available before you begin
- Select the desired ticket quantities below and then choose "Pay Now"
- You will be directed to an Eventbrite Registration page requesting information for each attendee
- At the end of the registration form select "Pay by Check" to complete your order
- Please email, fax, or mail your Check or PO to complete your registration within 7 days of completing this registration. If you cannot send with 7 days, please contact our Business Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Cancellation Policy: Requests for cancellation must be submitted in writing to Ileen Matthews at email@example.com. If you have to cancel, we will issue a refund (minus a $25 processing fee on each transaction) until 21 days before the workshop date. After the 21 days, no refunds will be given.