We are back for our 5th summer of learning in Chicago!
Workshops Offered in Chicago
June 12 – 14
June 12 – 14
June 15 – 16
June 19 – 21
June 19 – 21
June 22 – 23
June 22 – 23
The Wabash Classroom
8:30 am – 12:00 pm : Workshop
12:00 pm – 1:00pm: Lunch on your own
1:00 pm – 3:30 pm: Workshop
- Lodging is available at the University.
- Double Occupancy Shared Bedroom, Shared Bathroom $70/pp/pd
- Single Occupancy Private Bedroom, Shared Bathroom $75.00/person/night
- +Hotel Tax=17.4% (stays of 29 days or less)
- When you arrive on the main page, scroll down to see the list of conferences. Highlight EdTech Teacher 2017 and you may either view details or sign up. You will see that the dates cover both sessions, as well as dates on either end of each session. Online registration will close on June 2 at 11:45pm.
- If guests have lodging-specific questions, please direct them to: Roosevelt University Conference & Event Services 312.341.2100 email@example.com
- Club Quarters – 111 W. Adams St. 312-601-3400 Use code: Roosevelt University
- Blackstone Hotel – 312-447-0955 636 South Michigan Avenue, (lobby entrance on East Balbo Avenue) Chicago Illinois. Ask for the Roosevelt University Rates
- University Center Guest Suites 525 S. State St. 312-924-8092 or 8000 – (2 night minimum stay)
- Hotel Blake – 500 S Dearborn Street
- The Silversmith Hotel – 10 S. Wabash Avenue – Ask for the Roosevelt University Corporate Rates or make reservations online
- AirBnB can also be an affordable option to stay.
- The Wabash Building is adjacent to the Auditorium Building (just North of the corner of Wabash Avenue and Congress Parkway)
- Traveling by Train: METRA schedule information
- From the suburbs, you’ll take METRA trains to the Loop. The station at which you arrive depends on your starting location:
- Trains from the northern and northwestern suburbs arrive at the Ogilvie Transportation Center (formerly the Northwestern Station) on the corner of Madison St. and Canal St.
- Trains from the western and some southwestern suburbs arrive at Union Station, at 210 S. Canal St.
- Trains from the south arrive at the Randolph Street Station.
- Getting to the Wabash Building: From Ogilvie and Union Stations, it’s about 1.2 miles to the Auditorium Building. Walk east towards the lake to Wabash Ave. (under the El tracks), and then south 1/2 block to the Roosevelt University Wabash building.
From the Van Buren Street Station, you’ll exit on Michigan Avenue. Walk one block west to Wabash Avenue then 1/2 block south to the Roosevelt University Wabash Building.
- CTA/L Train: From locations within the city, you can take the L to the Loop. The closest station to the university depends on the L line you take and the building you need. See http://www.transitchicago.com/
- Red Line – Jackson subway station, on State St. between Jackson St. and Van Buren Street
- Brown, Green, Orange, Pink, and Purple Lines – Library elevated station on Van Buren St. just west of State St., on the north side of the Harold Washington library
- Blue Line – Jackson subway station, on Dearborn St. just north or south of Jackson St.
- Traveling by Bus: The Chicago Transit Authority operates many buses that serve both downtown Roosevelt locations. The best way to plan your trip is to use the CTA Trip Planner, available here.
Roosevelt University does not own a parking lot or structure at the Chicago Campus. However, daily student and discounted guest rates are available at the following locations.
- Park One 434 S. Wabash, Chicago, IL 60605 2 hours to midnight: $14.00 Evening after 4pm: $8.00. Please note: Park One parking rates are subject to change during certain events. Daily discounted rates cannot be honored during these events.
Parking validation can be obtained at the security desk at either the Auditorium or Wabash Building entrances. Early-bird special of $14 valid Monday-Friday, in by 9am and out by 7 pm. Validation necessary.
- Park One at Auditorium Parking Garage 525 S. Wabash, Chicago, IL 60605. 2-4 hours: $11.00 4 hours to midnight: $12.00 Evening after 4pm: $8.00. Please note: Parking validation can be obtained at the security desk at either the Auditorium or Wabash Building entrances. Early-bird special of $12 valid Monday-Friday, in by 9am and out by 7 pm. Validation necessary.